At Revolution Tea, we are always trying out new ideas, and new recipes from our staff. Since the majority of us have been stuck at home for the last few weeks due to Coronavirus stay-at-home orders, the staff has been trying out a lot of different ways to make tea in an attempt to break the monotony of full-time quarantine.
You normally would not consider mixing tea and coffee in a cup (a few employees called it blasphemy), but adding espresso to raspberry black tea creates a rich full-bodied experience without being overwhelming.
Last week, our resident tea flavor scientist (she gave herself that name in our Zoom happy hour) came up with an amazing drink that we are really excited about and we couldn't wait to share this dirty raspberry tea latte with everyone. It is a refreshing take on a classic coffee house drink and we think you will love it.
The recipe itself is pretty simple and you can use Revolution Tea's Raspberry Black Tea and your favorite espresso to make it. It is not a traditional latte in the sense of steaming milk for the drink, but if you have the tools and know-how, go for it!
Don't worry if you don't have one of those fancy coffee makers or espresso you can just make a strong small batch of your favorite coffee and substitute it for the espresso.
Plus, we don't want you to break social distancing to go out and buy espresso, so as our resident tea flavor scientist says, "sometimes, you just gotta work with whatcha got".
We have included a short recipe for DIY espresso (big thanks to the people at Coffee Channel for this part) below the dirty raspberry tea latte recipe for everyone who plans to use coffee instead of the more traditional espresso.
This recipe is based on a single regular-sized mug, but we think you will like it so much that you'll probably want to double or even triple the batch. Yes. It. Is. That. Good.
How to Make a Dirty Raspberry Black Latte with Revolution Tea
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 Minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
- 8 ounces Revolution Tea's Raspberry Black Tea, brewed (see our tea brewing directions for brewing the tea)
- 1 ounce espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- Honey, to taste
- Cream, to taste
Directions for Dirty Raspberry Tea Lattes:
- Brew 8 oz of Revolution Tea's Raspberry Black Tea.
- Brew 1 oz of your favorite espresso or coffee (be sure to follow our drip coffee espresso recipe for best results).
- While the tea is still hot, combine honey, tea and cream In your favorite mug making sure to leave enough room for the espresso.
- Add espresso while stirring the tea mixture to ensure proper blending.
Directions for DIY Espresso:
- Pull water through the machine before you start, to warm up the machine.
- Put one tablespoon+ of medium-fine coffee grounds into the coffee filter.
- Press the grounds down in the filter to pack them tighter. This will help with the pressure during the brewing process. It isn't going to be officially like tamping, but, again, working with what we have here.
- Pour two+ ounces of warm water into the water reservoir.
- Press "Brew" and wait. If you have the option of selecting "Concentrate Brew," that works better.
- Add to your tea blend above and enjoy!
We love to hear your thoughts and see your dirty raspberry latte's on our Facebook or Instagram pages. @ us and tell us how you liked it!