Enjoy A Delicious, Comforting Cup Of Tea This Winter!
The winter holidays are a time of fun, family, and festivities – but along with Christmas and The New Year come short days and long nights, as well as chilly weather. If you’ve been looking for a fun, comforting, and delicious recipe to keep you going throughout the holidays, you’re in the right place!
At Revolution Tea, we’re always looking for new ways to spice up the holidays, so we’ve got a festive new holiday tea recipe that we’re proud to share with you! This holiday spiced tea is sure to delight you, your family, and your loved ones this season.
What Tea Should I Use for This Recipe?
This spiced tea recipe has been designed with Citrus Spice Herbal Tea for the best combination of flavors. This unique tea blend contains a base of South African Rooibos tea, along with additional artisan ingredients like:
- Thai lemon grass
- Spanish lemon peel
- Turkish orange peel
- Cinnamon chips
- Licorice root
- Egyptian marigold petals
The result is a spicy, delicious, yet sweet cup of herbal tea – and it’s caffeine-free, to boot, so you can enjoy this cup of tea at any time of day or night without worrying about losing sleep!
If you want to make things even more festive, we highly recommend pairing this holiday spiced tea with a fruit cake or any tart, flavorful, fruity dessert, like a fruit pie or crumble. The warm cinnamon and delicious citrus flavors of the tea make a perfect pair to the flaky, buttery, and tart flavors of most fruit-based Christmas desserts!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Holiday Spiced Tea Ingredients:
- 5 cups water
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, to taste
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 5 bags of Citrus Spiced Herbal Tea
- ½ cup orange juice. Alternatively, use the juice from 1 freshly-squeezed whole orange
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Alternatively, use the juice from ½ freshly-squeezed full lemon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or whole cloves. Both can be used, if desired
Holiday Spiced Tea Recipe
- Add 5 cups of water to a large cooking pot. Add the 1-2 cinnamon sticks as well as 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cloves to the water. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, then remove it from the heat.
- Place 5 tea bags of Citrus Spiced Herbal Tea into the boiling water. Allow it to steep to your preferred strength (4-6 minutes).
- After steeping, remove the tea bags from the pot. Remove the cinnamon sticks and full cloves (if applicable).
- In a separate saucepan, combined ½ cup of granulated sugar, as well as the orange juice and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring the mixture regularly to ensure it does not burn or stick. Don’t leave this mixture unattended. Continue to stir the mixture and boil until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the juice mixture to the tea mixture and mix thoroughly to combine. Pour into the desired number of cups or mugs and serve right away.
- Enjoy while it’s hot!